After a two year wait – the longest gap between ES albums ever – the new studio album is finally upon us! As you can guess by the song titles, this is another conceptual piece. Musically, the album is very dark, brooding and littered with mellotrons.
This is our most orchestral sounding release, too, with several thematically linked pieces tying up the loose ends in the narrative. Lashings of guitar and moog solos, and a fantastic sound quality make this one album you simply have to hear to believe. Check out the sound clips featured elsewhere on this site. ‘Lost’ is the major epic on the album and it swings from gentle piano and oboe passages to orchestral themes and sounds.
The final section brings in the full band as it veers from jazz to epic progressive rock, culminating in a fantastic synth coda and guitar wig out! The other major highlight is the final track ‘It Will Always Be You’. Featuring a killer melody, harpsichord and the longest ES guitar solo on record for the finale and you have something very special indeed. Full colour 8 page booklet and picture disc CD complete this excellent package.
Each copy bought from our website is supplied with a FREE 25mm button badge featuring the album artwork! Be quick as stocks are limited. This is offer is not available anywhere else.
Proximity Records | ESCD 16 | April 2004 | CD | Available
- Anhedonia I: The Gateway (11.05)
- Anhedonia II: The Other Side (5.04)
- Anhedonia III: When Hearts Meet (3.23)4
- Anhedonia IV: When Sparks Fly (11.50)
- Anhedonia V: Desperate Hours Alone (7.45)
- Anhedonia VI: Lost (19.03)
- Anhedonia VII: It Will Always Be You (9.13)
- Steven McCabe: Guitars, Bass, Flute, Keyboards, Samples, Programming and anything else that came to hand!
- Christopher Knight: Drums